All StarZ Technical is hiring a Tool Design Engineer for an immediate opening with a manufacturing company in the aerospace industry in Phoenix, AZ. We’re looking for someone with 5+ years of related experience for this direct hire opportunity!
- Phoenix, AZ
Salary for the Tool Design Engineer:
- $75k – $90k per year, depending on experience
Schedule for the Tool Design Engineer:
- Monday – Friday
- Full time
Tool Design Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Study specifications, engineering blueprints, tool orders, and manufacturing data
- Confer with engineering and manufacturing personnel to resolve design problems
- Develop tool configurations using algebraic and geometric formulas, and standard tool engineering concepts
- Develop new manufacturing process
- Create BOM’s & routers
- Design and deploy manufacturing tools and fixtures
- Collect and use process data to improve tooling and manufacturing processes
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Tool Design Engineer Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or certified journey level tool maker.
- 5+ years of hands-on tooling experience
- Sheet metal fabrication experience a plus
- Able to read blueprints and interpret work instructions and procedure manuals
- Able to apply GD&T effectively to tool designs
- Proficient with Solidworks or similar CAD software and MS Office
- Able to work with mathematical concepts, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Must be able to solve practical problems and be open to ideas and suggestions from others regarding tool design concepts
- Must be able to efficiently work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of rapid tool prototyping is a plus
- Familiar with MRP system
- Able to handle all NPI phases and interfaces (tooling, customer service, production control) until production readiness.
Why you’ll love working with us:
All StarZ Technical is a woman owned staffing company helping candidates grow their careers for over 20 years. Our associates can expect the following benefits:
- Custom feedback to improve your resume
- Interview tips from our expert recruiting team
- Job coaching
- Grow your career with us!
Don’t have a resume handy? No problem!
- Call JD at 253-442-6680
- Text us at 844-563-9669
- Email our recruiting team: JD@allstarzstaffing.com
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and do not discriminate in employment decisions or policies in violation of the law on the basis of any status protected under applicable law.
Check out our other open jobs on our job board